We won’t stop until you get the results you’re looking for. Schedule a hearing test today and meet our team of audiologists.
Call us today at 541-926-8092.
Mid-Valley Hearing Center is the oldest continuing provider of hearing services in Linn and Benton counties. Mid-Valley started in 1974 as Mid-Valley Speech & Hearing Center and was located off of Pacific Boulevard for over 30 years. Mid-Valley Hearing Center moved to it’s current location on Heritage Way in November 2012. Our clinic is privately owned — we are not a big chain store or corporation. We owe no allegiances to any hearing aid manufacturer and have no quotas to meet. Thus, we recommend the best product solutions to fit your needs and lifestyle. You can be confident that we have your healthcare and best interests in mind.
When you come to Mid-Valley Hearing Center, you can count on seeing familiar faces. Nancy Dunn started her professional career in Albany in 1974 and Susan Peterson joined Mid-Valley in 1988. For over 45 years Mid-Valley Hearing Center has been providing consistent, trustworthy, highest quality hearing services to Linn and Benton Counties to patients of all ages — from birth to 100+ years!
Susan Evans Peterson Au.D.
Doctor of Audiology
Dr. Susan Peterson has been practicing audiology for over 35 years, beginning her career in Wyoming where she established a program in a public school setting. She also worked in a busy ear nose throat clinic in New Hampshire before heading west. “My goal is to be your best resource, whether it be to answer questions about your tinnitus or to fit you with an appropriate hearing aid.” Her philosophy of care blends compassion with advanced technology and experience to best meet each patient’s individual needs.
Dr. Peterson grew up in many different states since her father was in the United States Air Force. While she and her six siblings enjoyed the diversity and excitement of Air Force living, she has lived here in the Mid Valley area since 1988 and has no desire to ever move again. She considers the Pacific Northwest her favorite home. Her husband, Scott, teaches mathematics at Oregon State University and so she is a “Beaver Believer.” They have two grown sons, Logan and Drew.
Commitment to Education
- Doctor of Audiology- AuD: AT Still University, Arizona School of Health Sciences, Mesa, Arizona 2006
- Master of Science- MS: Utah State University, Logan, Utah 1984
- Bachelor of Science- BS: University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska 197
Dedication to Professional Qualifications
- Oregon License in Audiology
- Oregon License as Hearing Instrument Specialist
- Board Certified in Audiology, American Board of Audiology
- Certificate of Clinical Competence, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Past area representative for Oregon Academy of Audiology
- Past Board Member of the Oregon Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Member of Oregon Academy of Audiology
- Member of Oregon Speech-Language & Hearing Association
- Fellow of American Academy of Audiology
Nancy Dunn, M.S., CCC-A
Audiologist Nancy Dunn has been a part of Mid-Valley Hearing Center for over 45 years. She is dedicated to providing the highest level of hearing healthcare to all of her patients. She has extensive background in fitting digital technology hearing aids and strives to ensure that her patients obtain optimum performance from hearing aids at a price they can afford. Nancy sees patients of all ages, including infants and young children. She has many years of experience providing hearing and hearing aids services to this special population.
Nancy is a native of the Midwest. She was born and raised in northern Kentucky and attended college in southern Indiana (Hanover College). After a short stint on the east coast working as a computer programmer, she moved to New Mexico where she completed her Masters Degree at the University of New Mexico. In 1974, she and her husband moved to Albany on a “five year plan” and they have been here ever since. Nancy and her husband live on a small farm in North Albany where her husband raises deer and antelope. She has two grown daughters, Rachel, a physical therapist in Austin,Texas, and Emily, a lawyer in New York City.
Commitment to Audiology
- Oregon License in Audiology since 1975
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology: American Speech-Language-Hearing Assn.
- President, Oregon Academy of Audiology, 2012 – present
- Vice President, Oregon Academy of Audiology, 2010 – 2012
- Board Member, Oregon Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology 2001-2008
- Board Chair, Oregon Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology 2005-2008
- 2008 Outstanding Clinician Award: Oregon Speech-Language & Hearing Association
- Fellow: American Academy of Audiology
- Member: American Academy of Audiology, Oregon Academy of Audiology, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Oregon Speech-Language & Hearing Association, American Tinnitus Association, Hearing Loss Association of America
- Audiology Mission to Guatemala: Healing the Children February 2010 & November 2011
Commitment to Community
- 11 years member of Greater Albany Public Schools Budget Committee, 2 years as Chair
- Three year member North Albany Middle School Site Council, five year member West Albany High School Site Council
- Ten year Career Advisor, West Albany High School
- Board Member, Linn County Citizen Review Board, 2004 to Present
- Volunteer, St. Mary’s Soup Kitchen, 2001 to present
After working many years in both the dental and legal fields it has been a welcomed change entering the extremely interesting world of Audiology! I am married and have two grown children. When I am not at the office, I enjoy hanging out with my family, gardening, reading and listening to music.